Every business has its own seasonal fluctuations based on various internal and external factors. Certain internal factors can be the availability of inventory or workforce to get the work done, available bandwidth to tackle more work, etc. On the other hand, the external factors can be like availability of business in the market, market cash flow trends, buying capacity or willingness of the consumer, regional trends etc. In case of a digital marketing company, the fluctuations in their business depend upon the fluctuations in the business of their clients as the latter defines the paying capacity and thus, budget allocations for marketing campaigns for their business.
As a Digital marketing company in Delhi
it is worthy to note that usually, the peak season starts when the festive season starts i.e. from September-October and stays till January. This surely varies for seasonal products, but the general trends suggest the same. This peak in business for the clients means that not only the business for the agency increases but so does the responsibility to deliver result-centric campaigns.
The following factors come into play during the season:
- Clients from different industries: While this is true for, throughout the year, certain clients from the industries which stay dormant in their marketing activities throughout the year tend to become active in order to tap into the seasonal sales. The assortment of clients enhances an agencies creative array as each industry and each client tends to expect and deserves a different marketing and communication strategy.
- Competing for space: Since all the brands want their consumer’s attention, they compete for the same space on digital platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. This makes the agency’s task challenging to deliver ample bandwidth and business to their clients. The strategies and execution for the campaign keep the agency on toes, where they have to remain proactive in order to ensure that the results are achieved in minimum possible budgets.
- Team expansions: A lot of agencies expand their teams during this phase in order to create the bandwidth for more number of clients. The biggest challenge, in this case, lies in finding the perfect fit for the team as more than the technical skill set, the attitude of the person also matters a lot in defining his long-term vision. The agency also has to ensure that once the peak season ends, they have ample new work in order to make optimal use of their resources and not make them sit idle.
- Creative Brainstorming: Though the agency has a lot of creative brainstorming occurring throughout the year, it tends to both intensify and fasten up during the peak season because the communication of campaigns need to stand out in order to gain the attention of their consumer, especially when all the businesses are out there with the same intent.
- Efficiency & Agility: Since the workload increases, it becomes important for each of the team members to display an efficient way of working in which there are no delays, time lags, or lack of decision making of any manner. The same goes for execution too. Similarly, agility to take decisions for a quicker turnaround time is extremely essential for ensuring that the agency is not only able o cope up with an increased amount of work but also is able to qualify for the client.